Saturday, September 18, 2010

Staying clean the less expensive way!

Okay, I really didn't know any other way to title this post or maybe the creative side of my vocabulary was on vacation today. Lol! This past week I had to buy a few things that I ran out of, hand soap, shower gel and lotion. Now I'm one of those gals that loves shopping at your fancy bath and body stores in the mall but with the economic crisis going on right now, I just couldn't justify spending a fortune on bath goodies. So, here are a few alternatives and places to go that offer less expensive products but still fancy enough to make you feel good and feel like you spent millions! :)

I bought this shower gel at my local TJ Maxx and aside from the beautiful, romantic design on the label, it smells so refreshing and, I kid you not, lathers JUST as well as any other you buy in a fancy store. I only spent $3.99 for this big bottle. Sorry for the bad lighting. Bathroom lighting is hard to work with.

This may sound familiar if you've gone to those fancy stores in the mall but, yes, it's a knock-off and might I add JUST as good as those other ones and for this humongous bottle I spent $5.99. I bought this at our local Fred Meyer.

Now I swear this hand soap is the best hand soap I have experienced or smelled. Yep, better than any of those you buy in the markets or, let's say it altogether, those fancy stores in the mall. I bought this at TJ Maxx also and spent only $3.99.

So, in these economic hard times, give these less expensive, but just as good, brands a chance. Great places to look are Ross, TJ Maxx, CVS, Fred Meyer and Marshalls. I'm sure these stores are booming with business right now. So, be smart, save money and enjoy great finds like these!

11 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

I love TJ Maxx!

Lisa said...

I love all the beautiful packaging! What time does HomeGoods close?:)

Lola said...

Wonderful ideas Michelle!
Only wish we had a TJ Maxx here in Spain! *sigh*

XOXO LOLA:)

Randi Troxell said...

oooooooooh thnx for sharing.. i will so be checking into these!!

and me... LOVES TJmaxx!!!

Joy said...

I love shopping TJMaxx! They have the most beautiful gift soaps also, I buy them and then can't bear to part with them.

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh I love TJ Maxx too!! I love all those wonderful things. The only perfume I wear is Frankincense Myrrh natural oil or spray made by Indigo Wild. Ever heard of the company? They make all natural goats milk soaps...it's amazing! Go to Indigowild.com and you will see what I mean. They make a soap in the same scent. It's a bit pricey though...5 dollars and change for a bar! But oh so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them all!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's one of the things that hit me hard when we got on our own--I learned the cheap shampoo works just as good!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a year! Just started my own and added you to my blog roll! Thank you for the inspiration! You are most fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

I buy all my bath stuff at TJ's, Marshalls or Ross! Awesome things for grocery-store prices or less. The only drawback is when I love a product and they don't have any left. But then again, there are always more fun ones to discover :-)

Coach Z said...

Great products...favorite stores!! Very kewl!