Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sweet treats in sweet glass holders and sweetly cheap!

I'm always on a budget, it seems.  In fact, I'm sure a lot of us are on budgets.   So, I'm always on the lookout for crafty items that are sweetly cheap!   Much of the time I find these great ideas on Pinterest,   If you haven't discovered Pinterest yet, don't.   You will get addicted.   Okay, DO go on Pinterest but you can't say I didn't warn you.

Everything for this craft was purchased at the Dollar Store (I actually had these items for awhile but decided to finally make the project).   A lot of times I will go to the Dollar Store to purchase hair ties, pens, cards, batteries (and really, the batteries aren't that bad because I found a comparison some passionate person did on YouTube and they really do compare to the ones you buy at any regular store.)   I couldn't resist myself when the idea popped in my head, remembering what I saw on Pinterest.   So, each of these glass holders cost two dollars (one dollar for each piece) and the items inside, another dollar.  So, three dollars total for each!  How can you beat that?  

I found the pedestal in the candle section.  It's actually a candle holder itself.  The glass container on top was from the kitchen section.   I just glued them together and voila!   A perfect container for your cotton swabs, Q-tips or candy!   The front of the containers I got in the kitchen section have an indentation in front to put a label on it.   I haven't gotten the labels but who knows...I may change my mind later.  I like those chalkboard labels so those might look awfully cute and you can change what you write on it.




Thanks for the creepy stare, Quincy.






Spring seems to already be in the air.  I'm loving it.  We had a little scare with my Miss Emma.  She came down with bronchial pneumonia and had a 105.2 temperature.  After a rush to the vet for a checkout, X-rays, steroid shots, fluids and antibiotics she is back to her old self again, thank God.


 Quincy, on the other hand, has no problems passing out in the sun.


Until next time!   Stay strong, stay positive and stay sweet...Valentine's Day is right around the corner, you know?  :)  

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Cute Valentine gifts! I rarely go to The Dollar Store but I might check it out.

Glad Emma is feeling better. I have been following on your FB page or Quincy's FB page.

Quincy sure knows how to relax.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Michelle,

We confess to being Pinterest devotees!

The glass containers you have made look very stylish. Slightly retro, but contemporary too. We can see them being placed in any number of situations. Clever you!

The Hershey kisses look particularly good. An American friend brought us a packet when he visited us and they are truly melt in the mouth delicious.

Michelle said...

Elaine, I saw that you're now following Quincy! I'm so happy....I post daily on his page. It's his page that has got me tied up so I don't post on my blog as much....lol. Typical. :)

Michelle said...

Hi Jane and Lance Hattatt! Pinterest is an addiction! Oh and the Hersehy kisses...are my favorite of all time. I hope you liked them. :)

Tracey said...

I love what you did with the candle holders and glass containers!! I love finding new ways to use things that have been discarded or just to rethink the use for them. I love your cats so much!! I need to get some pictures of my sweet puppies on line for all to see!! Hope all is well and your doing okay!!

Unknown said...

çok güzel gerçekten

kadın giyim,uzun elbise,uzun abiye,bayan kıyafet, uzun tunik,elbise,

bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,uzun etek,sexi iç giyim,sexi çamaşır,

yüzük,fantezi iç çamaşır,takı,gümüş küpe,uzun tunik,fantezi kıyafetler, bayan gömlek,mini etek,

bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,etek,uzun tunik,uzun triko,

yüzük,fantezi iç giyim,

Sattakingin said...

play bazaar If your team members do not feel supported, your success rates will suffer.