Saturday, February 8, 2014

Egg and Bacon Maple Toast Cups - OMG

So my best friend and I went to Seattle a few weekends ago to visit our other best friend and made the most DELICIOUS breakfast I have ever laid my mouth on!    These are very easy and it's like having an entire breakfast in one little cup.    I will guarantee you will not be disappointed.   You can find the recipe here and there are several variations going around the web and Pinterest.   This is a MUST try in my book.   We used duck eggs instead of regular eggs though.  If you've never had duck eggs before, you will LOVE them.   A little richer and bigger. There's nothing wrong with those two adjectives going together, right?


Brush each side with maple syrup.
This part may require a tad of patience. 


Drizzle a little more maple syrup.  Such sweet goodness!
These are duck eggs.  Worth trying if you can get a hold of some fresh local duck eggs!

Who doesn't like cheese?


Perfection.
Enjoy!   I've been snowed in for about 3 days now.  That's another post though.  ;)

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh those look good! I must try them. Never saw duck eggs for sale before.

Isn't this Winter horrible? We keep getting storm after storm.



Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad your back.....one of my favorite blogs :) xo

C-ingspots said...

Oh my - those look decadent!! Wasn't this last storm a blast??? I drove home on my lunch break to make sure my fire was still going on Thursday. It had been lightly snowing for an hour or so by then, saw a fender bender on the way, and was a little apprehensive about driving back, and then home much later in the day...but guess what? My boss called and asked if I'd like the afternoon off? Would I!!?? Hot dog - a snow day!! I totally enjoyed that surprise free afternoon, and he also told me to stay home on Friday. That NEVER happens! A long weekend and about a foot of beautiful snow!! Awesome! I'm enjoying this winter more than many, many winters that I can remember. Hope you stayed cozy and didn't get cabin fever...

Seawashed said...

They look amazing. I love maple syrup! I will make mine with turkey bacon(I no longer eat beef or pork). I have no idea where to get duck eggs...have never seen them available but Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook uses them.

Sattakingin said...

Play bazaar
satta king No matter what kind of pressure you're under to succeed in this marketing, try to run an honest business.