Monday, February 24, 2014

Stuffed French Bread!

I thought I'd bless you all with the most delectable, most gooey and the most savory yummy goodness I know of.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  When my friends get together, this recipe comes up quite often. The preparation is easy and it's a great quick appetizer to throw together. If you don't like artichokes, garlic or cheese, first of all you are strange, second...then this recipe isn't for you because it's chock full of these!

STUFFED FRENCH BREAD

1 long loaf of French bread, unsliced
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. sesame
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 cups jack cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 can (4 oz.) artichoke hearts
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (topping)

Slice bread loaf in half horizontally.  Hollow out each half and tear insides into small pieces.  Combine butter, garlic, and sesame seeds in a small saucepan until butter is melted.  In a bowl, combine all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.  Add bread pieces.  When the butter is melted, pour over bread mixture and mix well. Place mixture back into the hollow bead halves.  Place bread on baking sheet and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Slice and serve!  How much easier can a recipe get?






 
 
On that last picture, I meant to take a picture of it before tearing through it like a starving beast...but oh well. Who says life is perfect?  ;)  Enjoy!

A cute little side note.   I had to interview for new cat sitters.   Quincy was relentless with the questions but he loved her in the end.   Yay for a new cat/house sitter!  Lol!

So where are your references? What are your hobbies? What kind of car do you drive? Do you like cat hair? Do you understand the word fish flakes?

5 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

I will help you eat this!

I promise! lol

Lisa said...

OMG! This sounds divine! It would make a great dinner with a green salad. YUM!

Elaine said...

Oh that sounds so yummy! I am always looking for pickies for my guests. This is perfect!

Quincy is so funny! I am blessed to have a wonderful cat sitter, not that I ever go away!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Sattakingin said...

play bazaar There are many people that work in this type of marketing that is dishonest and has unethical sales tactics.