Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The child in me needed this tonight...

I was in sort of a "funk" today. Just slightly...not all the way. Okay, maybe a mid-life crisis? Maybe hormonal? I warned you guys this was coming. Lol! I had some sushi for dinner with my good friend, Bryan, and came home and snuggled in my soft, plushy robe. I love my robe...it hugs me like it's been waiting for me all day long. Don't you ever feel that way when you wrap a soft robe around you after a long hard days work? Anyway, of course Mocha proceeded to "knead" on me once I put it on. :) The robe was therapy for both of us, I suppose. I then climbed into my always welcoming bed and watched Kit Kittridge. I think I was sort of needing to go back to the womb a bit tonight so the little girl came out and said we need to watch this! I loved watching this movie. It was so wholesome, so sweet. It takes place during the Depression. Kit has an aspiration to become a young writer/reporter amidst the turmoil that unfolds in her own home. Set in Cincinnati, Kit finds a way to help her mother run a boarding house after her father loses his job.

Father, daughter moment...

Mother, daughter moment...

Don't you love their hats?

The characters were all so wonderful and some of the scenes reminded me of these old vintage pictures.


I mean there's something so wholesome about these pictures. Something so non-dysfunctional. Ha! When life sometimes isn't perfect (and when you are in a funk and reflect back on the could'ves, would'ves and should'ves) a movie like this and pictures as sweet as these will sure help you through it.

Maybe somewhere, in another plane of existence, the Donna Reed life really does exist? :)

I wish....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic movie. I must look into that. I love those kinds of movies too ; )
Have a fabulous day !!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh for sure honey, we just create it!

Love your pictures and must check out that movie! xxoo

Tracey said...

Oh,, If you find the Portal back in time..let me know!! I love the American Girls. My daughters each had a doll and many of the books. Your right about taking you back in time. We all need a day like this. Things will be better tomorrow...hugs to you!!

Anya said...

Lovely shots Michelle,
that movie I never heard of it!!
Have all a nice day :)
purss to Moch Quincy & Emma

Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Anya said...

MOCHA sorry.......... LOL

Maggi said...

I know exactly what you mean! My therapy is usually I Love Lucy, lol. I'll have to check this movie out!

Randi Troxell said...

sounds like a fabulous night to me!

Sue said...

I am right there with ya! I got to have a wonderful family day on Father's day and I must be needing more. I had a dream early this morning of being at a similar reunion with my same relatives and as we were all saying goodbye, I started crying....Well, I woke up then, practically in tears and missing them terribly! I hate that we all seem to live so far away from our dear loved ones these days! I always try to gather as many as possible during the holidays so I can recreate those wonderful vintage photos in my own life!!
BLessings~LillySue

theUngourmet said...

I love that movie too! It's the way I wish life was. Wish I had a time machine!

Joy said...

Ain't nuthin' like a feel-good, wholesome, down to earth movie! 'Anne of Green Gables' is great also. I'll look for the one you mentioned here, it looks great.

Lisa said...

I have tried to watch this several times but always get in at the middle.:( That's it. I'm recording it!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, hugs!!! I hope you feel better after cuddling with the kitties and watching the movie! I tend to over-eat when I'm in a funk.

Elaine said...

Yeah, there's nothing like a cozy robe and a kneading kitty. I'll have to see the movie.

Hope you're feeling better.

Seawashed said...

I haven't seen this yet...I forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me. My girls still have their American Girl Dolls. I miss those days. But one day, hopefully, their daughters will enjoy them.

Tea Time With Melody said...

I just saw that movie last weekend it was great!