Thursday, June 25, 2009

My very first teapot...and an award!

You will never believe me when I tell you this. I have never owned my own little teapot. Yea, tea house girl here has never owned a teapot and that all ends right now! Last night when I was at TJ Maxx, I found this simple yet sweet little teapot and it had my name all over it. For my first one I wanted to go simple yet still elegant. I think I accomplished that, don't you? :) Oh and thanks again, mom!


I can't wait to use it!

Also, I was awarded the "Friendship" award from Citygirl over at City Girl Lifestyle! Thank you so much Citygirl! You know, both of us have a few things in common. We are both in the legal profession (she's an attorney and I'm a paralegal....wow you attorneys are actually real people underneath all that legalese - hence Citygirl's blog). Also last weekend we both went on a yoga retreat, although in different states. One other thing, she talks a lot about food and I love that about her! If you haven't checked out her blog, swing on over and say hi to her! She's a real sweet gal. :) Thanks so much Citygirl!!

I've decided that anyone who comments on my blog today gets to take this award with them! You are all my good friends. :)

I am so glad tomorrow's Friday! It's been one busy week at work! Next week...just half a week of work and off to camping with the horses!

17 comments:

Anya said...

Its a very beautiful teapot :)
Its my taste !!

Gratulations on your award ^__^

Hugs to all
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Tulip Bliss said...

Love the teapot!!! That is my style too!!! I'm jealous, I wish I had vacation time... mine always gets turned down at work. But, I am going to New York in August!!! YAY!!!

Moonspinner said...

Teapot is perfect honey ... xxx the holiday will be great!

Congrat's on the award, you deserve it.

The Blonde Duck said...

I can't believe you never owned a teapot!

Zaroga said...

Love the teapot! I don't have a teapot... well I have a couple of children's teapots, but that doesn't count.

I love the way you photographed the teapot.

Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog.

Patti said...

Congrats on the teapot and the award! I love tea, have a few teapots (one is Wedgewood- very old- my Grandma's) but have NEVER made tea in one. Go figure... Hope all is well- have a wonderful weekend~

Heather said...

great tea pot! congrats on your award too!

Tutta la Storia said...

Lovely, lovely tea pot! It's great that we can still find sweet, vintagey items at the discount stores. i was just there yesterday (seems like you and I got there a lot, LOL) and found the CUTEST 'lil dress for my baby girl to wear to her big brother's bday party tomorrow. Hey, check out my post today (vintage paper dolls) --it is RIGHT UP your alley!

And congrats on the award, from one fellow new bloggy friend to another!

Maggi said...

What a sweet little teapot!

City Girl said...

What a lovely little teapot!! And thank you for the sweet words. I did not realize you were in the legal profession too. I promise I am quite human, despite being a lawyer :)

Lisa said...

You and TJMaxx have got a thing goin' on!

Noodlegirl said...

ehehheh I cannot believe this is your first tea pot! lol Congrats on award

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Michelle,
That is a darling teapot! Congrats on the award too. Happy weekend.
xo~Tracie

TeresaR said...

I think the teapot is absolutely perfect in every way! And it goes well with Quincy's coloring, which is the most important thing. ;)

Congrats on your award and enjoy the lovely teapot!

fairmaiden said...

That teapot is super cute! White is my favorite. It is perfect for your country~cottage.

Well, I have not been able to get your pkg. in the mail to you before leaving on vacation, so it will be a little bit longer....sorry. A Big part of your gift is something from IKEA, which is located in the city and I haven't been able to get into the city yet.

I hope you have a great time horse camping...I will look forward to hearing all about it when I return from the 'Big Blue'. Lovies, Fairmaiden

Amy said...

Love the teapot.. I love that it is white.. it will go with absolutely everything!

allhorsestuff said...

I love your perfectly simple and elegant New Tea Pot!
I stillhave my first, and many others now too. It is a HALL Aladins Lamp- looking Cobalt blue one. The tea leaves strainer is missing so the lid is a bit loose but I love it!
I hopoe this will be the first of many beautiful Tea Pots for your parties!
KacyK