Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coming out of my blues...

I am so sorry for not posting much these days. I've had a lot going on and not all that great. Emma got sick from eating something so off we went to the doctors for fluids and anti-nausea medication. She is completely well now and eating and drinking fine but Mocha is ill again with her Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's all my fault too...I tried changing their food. I have been down about being a bad mother and I think that coupled with the weather and time change...it hit me like a meteor! But I will survive and so will my kids. :) Mocha will be going to the doctors on Saturday to get her on some medication that the doctor knows will stabilize her tummy.

In the meantime....I have been out and about riding with the horses. I was invited with my dearest blogging and horse riding friend Kacy over at All Horse Stuff to meet a new trainer for my very first dressage lesson! I also met her riding partner Jen who she rides with on Mondays. Man the new trainer was tough but I loved it! Kacy took all these wonderful pictures. She is such a great photographer...I promised next time I would remember my camera so I could, for once, take pictures of her! :)

Kacy riding Washashe...her beautiful spirited mare...

Jen taking her lesson on her wonderful Mustang, Simeon...

Meeting Harley, a gorgeous paint gelding...who graciously let me ride him for this lesson...

Grooming...

Petting...

Listening to teacher...

Listening some more...

Finally getting it and with a smile!

Good job! Thank you Kacy, Cathi and Harley!

And Quincy wanted to remind me that the sun is not completely gone...



Hope you are all having a wonderful week. :) I am going to be doing a little crafting this weekend for winter....and will tell you about a few bigger changes that will be happening soon!

19 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope your kitties feel better!

Tracey said...

Hope everyone in your family gets feeling better and happier! Know that this will past and all will be better. I'm praying for you and you are in my thoughts often. Stay busy and know that you will get over this hump!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Sorry you have had the blues lately. I honestly feel that when the weather changes and the time, some of us have to make more adjustments than others. I am one of them. I don't like the time change at all and it makes me feel off kilter!

Hope the furbabies feel better. I LOVE the pictures of Quincy...he is so photogenic and his eyes are beautiful.

LuLu~*xoxo

MJ said...

I'm so sorry that your kitty's are not feeling well ... but very happy to see that you are doing better. You certainly have the best "medicine" around you ... kittys and horses!!!

Lisa said...

I hope your fur babies are feeling better. And glad you got to get out for some fun. This time change has thrown me for a loop too!

allhorsestuff said...

Hi therer sweet!
I hope you are able to rise up outa this mucky weather...I know, I too get down and out...have the SAD disorder, and do not sleep well and it gangs up on me. I can do light therapy and it does help!

Hope your kitties are feeling better...carefull with the treats too, darn little finiky tummies!Sure hope all will come good with them...praying too!

Wanna go out and groom and get a little Equine Therapy with me tomorrow(SAT)...am just running out after work to see my mare...it has been since Monday(eons!!!)KacyK

P.S. we can ride on Sunday..if you want! "~'

Heather said...

a few bigger changes??? my mind is going in a hundred different directions.. what could it be?????

I'm glad you are coming out of your funk. I seem to have slipped into one. But I'm right on the edge- I know I'm in it, but at the same time I know I'm not in it too far so I can easily stay afloat until it goes away, lol. It's driving me crazy too.

I hope you all (cats included) feel better soon! No more funks I say, no more! The holidays are fast approaching :)

Rainy Day Farm said...

Great pictures of your lessons. I am glad Quincy found some sun. It is rare this time of year. I have been taking vitamin D this year, and it seems to be helping with the sun withdrawls. We'll see how it works in January! Hope you have a great weekend!

Anya said...

Wow !!
Quincy you have golden eyes on these shots BEAUTIFUL :-)

I hope its going well with Mocha
We think on her the whole weekend
and sending her many purrs & LOVE
I don't like it when she is ill :(

hugs love from us
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Randi Troxell said...

i hope you and all your little ones start feeling lots better soon... i'll be thinking of ya'll!

Kathleen said...

Ah.Billie Holiday. It's always such a pleasant surprise when your blog loads up, and then I hear Bilie's sweet voice. You look just wonderful sitting way up there on that big horse. You will work your way out of this valley. I sure know how you feel. Quincy is oh so handsome in his photos. Hope you all feel a whole lot better real soon. Hugs, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

omggggggg love the pics hope all the kitties get well soon!

Rue said...

More pictures of gorgeous Qunicy! Love him!

Hope everyone's health improves quickly!

Patti said...

Hope the kitties are feeling better! I, too, have had the blues lately too- along with craziness at school- not a good combo. I will send an e-mail soon letting you know how last Sat. went. Interesting... Happy weekend!

Oregon Equestrian said...

Trainer Cathi is the greatest! I miss terribly my lessons with her.

Hope your fur people are doing okay.

Elaine said...

You are a good mommy. I hope they all feel better soon.

Sounds like you had a fun time with the horses and your friends.

Tea Time With Melody said...

Don't be to hard on yourself Michelle, it will all work out. Our kittie kids know we love them. Hope Emma and Mocha get better real soon.

Luna und Luzie said...

Oh I´m sorry to read that the kitties are sick. Hope you are all doing better now.
I know what you mean with the blues. These dark days in November are bad .
Stay warm !!!

Seawashed said...

You are so pretty.