Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're All Doing Okay So Far Thanks To All Of You!!

Just a quick update, we're all doing fine! I am so, so relieved that things are looking better. Quincy and Emma are doing fine, even after a relapse for Quincy. He felt better day before yesterday and ate like a little pig...then that morning threw up five times. Oh that was so frustrating to hear. So, another day of laying low and as of yesterday and today he is back to normal! Mocha is also healing, slowly but surely. As of two days ago I was giving her water with a syringe. But yesterday she was so hungry and meowed and was alert once again! I fixed her bland chicken breast and she ate a lot of it. She is even drinking a lot now! She's so small now though...she must have lost a pound this past week and that's too much for her since she's already so small. She still has a bit of diarrhea but she is at least feeling good enough to have a good appetite! We will get the diarrhea under control, poor thing. Also, five months ago we did a full panel test on her and all the tests came back normal. I am happy about that but frustrated knowing she still has diarrhea. I also apparently lost weight. Four pounds in one week. Yep, worried mom, I am. Mocha and I both went on a diet. Lol! If I had real kids I would be one of those mothers who worries about every little thing. Lol! So, we have all been eating chicken breast the last couple of days. The cats have been eating their hard food as well. I am trying to ease them off of canned food (although Emma insists on it). Mocha and Quincy won't be getting canned food for awhile. Just chicken and brown rice. :)

I wanted to thank ALL OF YOU for the prayers. That's what got us here....God heard your prayers, our prayers and I am thanking you all and God for answering them. I know He is watching over us and I am content and happy knowing that. When I was reading the posts, tears welled up in my eyes. It's amazing how none of us have really met, yet when we each really need one another, we are there for each other.

So, tonight I am actually starting the craft project I mentioned last week and will post some pictures very soon!! Like hopefully tomorrow and maybe even get back into the swing of things and posting regularly again. Tonight, I am going to start visiting everyone. I haven't even been reading blogs. So, so sorry!!

Thank you, thank you all...you are all have a place in my heart. :) If you don't see a comment from me on your blog it's coming! I'm visiting each one of you in the next day or so. :)

xoxo

Michelle, Mocha, Quincy and Emma

20 comments:

Tulip Bliss said...

Glad to hear all is better with the kitties. I'm sorry that you're having such troubles... its no fun. Personally, I rarely give my kitties or my doggie can food - usually they eat chow. They are relatively healthy for the most part. I know Abby gets an upset stomach if I give her any meats or table scraps so I avoid it. My mom says that veggies are good for pets... but I haven't tried that. Hang in there... glad to hear you're crafting again! :)

MJ said...

So glad to hear that all the kitty's are on the mend!! I was wondering how they were doing since you hadn't posted! By the way, I put your goodies in the mail today. They will be in two separate packages and I added an extra book that I thought you might like. The book I added is used (it was mine for quite a while so it has some check marks inside). I hope you like it. Have a great week!

Joanne Kennedy said...

This is WONDERFUL news! Thanks for keep us advised as to what is going on.

Now go eat something. Don't want you flying away when the winter wind kicks up.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anya said...

We can all wait Michelle
Your cats need your care .....
and you are doing it fantastic :-)
Its nice to hear its going better
HUGS hugs HUGS
for all and I hope and purrr... & pray for a healthy Quincy Mocha & Emma !!!
And a positive thinking Michelle
:-)
Anya :)
Kareltje =^.^=

Cat with a Garden said...

We're glad to hear your little furfamily is on the mend. Keep on eating and drinking well friends!
Many purrs, Siena & Chilli

Tracey said...

Glad to hear all is well. I knew that you would be fine, but it would just take some time. Make sure you don't get too run down yourself. Taking care of others, we often forget about ourselves.. Can't wait to see your projects,, mine are on the back burner till Jim gets back,,miss him terribly. big hugs to you...

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad to hear that they babies are getting better!
You are such a good Mommy!
LuLu~*xoxo

Melissa Miller said...

Michelle I am soooo happy that they are all doing better! I'll continue to pray.

Poor babies. I do undersatnd as I love my Chestnut so much.

Marie said...

So glad to hear the kids are on the mend. Losing weight is so hard on them, poor dears. Hugs to you all.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Lisa said...

So glad to hear your little family is doing better! Prayer changes things, doesn't it?

Jasmim said...

i'm glad that all it's okay

Randi Troxell said...

i am so glad that everyone seems to be and be trying to get better!!

and i totally feel your pain too.. one thing that really bothers me about animals is that they just can't TALK... they can't be like human kids and tell you what they need/want... we just have to sorta dance around and guess!

Rue said...

So glad to hear about the kids recovery! I don't know how I could have 'real' kids, the way I worry about my kittens and neices! I'd be a wreck!

Take care of yourselves!

allhorsestuff said...

Hello my sweet friend~
I have barely had time to sit down here too...just working and my man has been home, so I don't take anytime away from him to blog too.

Your kitties..oh! Seems things are turning a corner?!
There where two other things I thought of just now...of course the vets may have thought of the one thing. If a cat is eating and drinking and loosing wieght still..Diabetes could be in play...Just saw a cat program on Animal Planet.
And, sometimes they become alergic to grains in the catfood. Elsie was throwing up tons and I switched her to a NO GRAIN wet and dry food...seems to have evened out with an occasial hairball toss-up.

I am so sorry for all the stress...man..I only have one kitty. You are a saint!
XO
KacyK

Kathleen said...

It's wonderful to hear that you are all feeling better. Even though we have not met, I feel the connection to you and your little ones. We know you are there....take care of you and the fur-babies, we will still be here. Hugs, Kathleen

Heather said...

I'm so happy everyone is doing better Michelle! I'd be happy to give you 4 of my lbs if you like :)

Anya said...

I hope all is okay today with your furrbabies :-)
hugs from us
=^.^=

Tulip Bliss said...

Hey Girlfriend! I miss you too! Well, if you do visit your family, I'm available on Thanksgiving Day. Work is crazy before and after - you know, Black Friday! Just even to say 'Hey' for a sec would be cool. Day after Xmas, we're heading to Idaho... funny how that works... you're coming this way and I'm going that way. But, I do want to see you and if all of that doesn't work, well, then, I'll just have to visit you! I'm glad you're feeling better... and getting crafty too! Cheers!

Sue said...

Bless your heart...Sounds like you have been having a VERY stressful time! I hope all the babies are well again! Lucky has had a cold this past month. He sneezed so hard one day when I was holding him, I saw the goo fly across the room and land on the floor. I guess that is one way to blow your nose!! The arm warmers are lovely. I have a velvety pair Holly bought for me. She loves them and has several pair.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings~LillySue

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, this is what you meant in the latest post about the kitties being all well now. Thank goodness! I'm sorry I wasn't here to send hugs when this was happening, but you know I love you guys all the time anytime, right? xoxo