One thing I'm excited about is I found my two favorite ornaments I have been looking for! For all you dessert lovers out there, check these out! I almost want to eat them but I though I'd spare cutting up my mouth. Ignore the tag on the second picture and how overexposed the white chocolate is. I couldn't get a good shot without the flash! Grrrr!
Here are my five favorite things about Christmas:
Next on the agenda, sweet, sweet Melissa over at Sunbonnet Cottage gave me an award! It's the Christmas Spirit Award! She is one of my favorite blogging buddies. She always has such nice things to say to everyone and I can tell she has the sweetest heart. Thank you so much, Melissa! You deserved this award. Here are the rules: Good manners dictate thanking (and linking to) the person who gave you the award. Then simply list five things you love about Christmas and pay the meme forward by tagging as many people as you'd like to. To keep the Christmas spirit flowing, be a good sport and tag at least one person.
1. At the top of my list is getting together with family and friends. I think that is most important to me. I love gifts but they really aren't as important as just spending good quality time with those you are closest to. :)
2. FOOD! Ohmigod, GOOD FOOD! I think Christmas gives us a chance to excuse ourselves from all those torturous (is that a word) diets. I love baking, cooking and eating food during the holidays. Nothing will stop me!
3. Bundling up in warm clothes with mittens, sweaters and scarves. I love being all bundled up in cold weather and going out to look at lights with some comforting hot apple cider or hot chocolate and good friends/family to join in.
4. Decorating the home with Christmas spirit! I love decorating and making my home look cozy during this time of year. I think it goes hand in hand with good food and good company.
5. The Nutcracker Suite. What can I say? It's my favorite ballet and it only comes once a year so I wait all year to see it either on TV or on stage. :)
I am passing this along to....
I also have another previous award to give away. I will do that tomorrow! Still trying to catch up with things!
Last but certainly not the least I WON MY FIRST GIVEAWAY!! I am so, so extremely excited about this because I had been entering giveaways but haven't won anything. :( I won the most beautiful pair of angel wings made by the artistic and adorable Kelly at Southern Fried Cupcakes. Aren't these adorable? Thank you so much, Kelly!! I will hang them on the inside of my front door so angels are protecting me and my little cottage. :) Kelly is so artistic. Please take the time and visit her to see what other surprises she has made and to take in her beautiful, whimsical blog! I always feel like I'm in a fairytale when I visit her. :) Here are those beautiful wings I won.
Well, that's it for this evening. Snuggle up and keep warm!