Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gotta BBQ with Summer weather like this...oh and what's a BBQ without a bruise?

Susan and Bryan (my two best friends, but then you already know that by now) invited me over for a barbecue tonight and perfect timing because the weather has finally decided to give us all a break! Phew! How gorgeous are these?

Oh. About the bruise part. Well...umm.......okay it went like this. When it came time for me to bring the skewered chickens to the BBQ outside where Susan was at, I stepped down the steps with my bare feet, long rod with skewered chickens in both hands.....the foot I stepped on the "wet" cement with slowly went out from under me..both my knees going inward...and my thighs slowly doing the splits. Okay, I know you all are picturing this and laughing. Heck I would! As Susan said afterwards, I went down gracefully. Lol! It sure didn't feel graceful BUT! Big BUT here...I SAVED THE CHICKENS! Yes! Despite my legs going North and South I held onto those skewered chickens like they were gold! Lol! See how much I respect food? And this is the doozy of a bruise I got. Oh and when did my legs turn into tree stumps? My legs look much better in person, I swear.

Oh! Look what Thea acquired this week. :) She didn't mean to acquire him though. Isn't that the way it always happens? She says she has to find a good home for him but I have a sneaking suspicion he already has found home. ;) I mean how can you deny this adorable cute thing!? He's a cross between a Jack Russell and a Shi-Tsu. I won't try to abbreviate that for you. You know like Labradoodles or Peekapoos. You can say it to yourself but don't say it out loud. People might think you're saying a bad word and poor little Buddy doesn't deserve to be called that.

She's already named him Buddy. Yep, I think Buddy is already home. She will kill me if she sees this post because she JUST CANNOT keep another dog.

Looks like Buddy's already having sweet dreams of his new home. I'm headed there myself. Night all!

19 comments:

Lola said...

Hi Michelle!

How adorable & handsome Buddy is! If only we lived nearer, I'm sure he and I would become the greatest of buddies!

xxxLOL LOLA:)

PS Sorry about the bruise - hope it's better now!

Anya said...

Take care with your bruise ;)

Buddy is so CUTE
I thought first you had a dog
LOL

Enjoy the hot weather ^___^
BBQ its yummie,
We eat it also many times in the summer :)

hugs to all
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

Kathleen said...

Michelle, you're lucky you didn't break your leg. Super save though, on those chickens. Buddy is about as cute as dogs get. How could anyone not want to give this sweetie a home? Hugs, Kathleen

Poppy Cottage said...

Tell her Buddy is small and won't take up much room ;) He is too cute!!

Good save on the chickens; I'm still laughing - sorry. I guess no mini skirts for you this week (lol). That sounds so much like something I would do. Glad it wasn't worse.

Take care,
Sharon

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh Buddy is gorgeous.

honey that looks so painful, sounded painful too. Nice you could see the funny side, saving the chickens. Poor you.

Take care,
xxx

Randi Troxell said...

so glad you were ok in your fall.. coulda been really bad but YOU SAVED THE CHICKENS!!! buddy is so cute!!

MJ said...

OMG ... Buddy is soooo cute!!!!!

And your bruise is huge!! And you saved the food!!! Good girl!

MJ

Rainy Day Farm said...

Great save on those chickens! It's all about saving the food right? Sorry about the bruises. Those are dandies!
I am so glad it cooled down, makes like more enjoyable.
I want that adorable little puppy! He is sooooooo darn cute, despite the name of his breed. It took me a minute, but I got it! Too funny!

Heather said...

oh my gosh your poor leg! ouch!! good save with the chickens, lol! buddy is tooo cute :)

Lisa said...

You got a humdinger of a boo-boo! But at least you saved the chickens! LOL Buddy is a sugar pie! The pics of him are adorable.

Hisako Hill said...

How adorable Buddy is!! I love all these mixed little dogs.

I just got some bruise on my leg too:(

Love you!! Take care.

Mom

Kara said...

Glad you were okay, but happy to hear someone else do something that sounds like something I do all the time! Seriously, I fall like twice a month at least!

Also, I agree about the legs getting distorted in photos...i took a photo of my pup asleep on my leg and was horrified!

Joy said...

wow Michelle, glad you weren't hurt any worse! The chicken looks yummy... oh, and about my feather boa... I think I saw some at Hobby Lobby recently and they have them in various colors. Mine came from a second hand store.

Patti said...

Hi! What a cutie Buddy is!!!! Hope you are feeling better- bruises hurt so much don't they?! Happy weekend Girlie!

Tulip Bliss said...

I didn't think of the name combination like that until you mentioned... LOL.

Oregon Equestrian said...

Great save on the chickens. Too bad the stat won't go into the record books.

As to the bruise...you were saving a little old lady from a dozen muggers, and ....

Buddy looks like a keeper to me! I know the JR half will provide many laughs.

Seawashed said...

Buuudddyyyy! Too darn cute for words! I want him. How could anyone resist him.

Falling down is not as easy as when we we're kids, huh? And you have the bruise to prove it! Take some extra Vit. C it helps with the healing(of bruises).

The pkg. I mailed you is something really small...I hinted about it a while back. You will understand when you get it, and laugh! xo Fairmaiden

Anonymous said...

Yikes, hon! Hope the bruises and pain will go away quickly. Great save though...LOL!

Buddy is too adorable for words; but I'm still pining for Quincy!

xo

Unknown said...

So sweet and cute. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will join for Crock Pot Wednesdays at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. There are some great giveaways. Come check them out.